With about a month until it’s release, preorders are now available for Nightscript, Vol. VII. Both paperbacks and Kindle editions with be released on October 1, 2021.
For the past seven years, the annual arrival of C.M. Muller’s Nigthscript anthology has been a harbinger of of the Halloween season. But festivities aside, Muller, as editor of various volumes (see Oculus Sinister and Twice-Told), has an astute sense of contemporary tonality; and as such, and as with previous installments, it’s an honor to add some ink to Nightscript. My story, “Feast Your Eyes on the Yawning Monotony of Humdrum Rot,” has been placed on table of contents in league with some remarkable writers:
Feast Your Eyes on the Yawning Monotony of Humdrum Rot — Clint Smith The Passing — Joshua Rex When Sleep At Last — Douglas Thompson The Summer King’s Day — Timothy Granville Roadkill — Elin Olausson It Looked Like Her — Gordon Brown Little Gods To Live In Them — David Surface We Are The Gorillas — Douglas Ford The Body Trick — Alexander James Feed — Jason A. Wyckoff ’Neath The Mirror Of The Sea — Rhonda Eikamp Clipped Wings — Steve Toase The Cardboard Voice — Tim Major The Validations — Ashley Stokes A Perfect Doll — Regina Garza Mitchell Madam and Yves — Marc Joan The Delf — Danny Rhodes Where the Oxen Turned the Plow — Charles Wilkinson Feast of Fools: A Heartwarming Holiday Romance — LC von Hessen
Received word that my short story, “Feast Your Eyes on the Yawning Monotony of Humdrum Rot,” will appear in the forthcoming installment of C.M. Muller’s Nightscript, Volume 7, featuring absolutely stunning cover art by Jana Heidersdorf.
This particular tale was constructed with the (fictional) setting as the centerpiece: the Mooring Cove Inn situated in a vague province along the coast of Lake Michigan. My characters find themselves lodged in this novelty, tourist-attraction of a hotel on New Year’s Eve, 2000. There is, indeed, a party of sorts; but, for my protagonist, the Gregorian festivity (and time itself) slips into the a rather grim event. Keep your “eyes” peeled on the noble month of October, 2021.
UPDATE: Table of contents for Nightscript, Vol. VII announced on C.M. Muller’s site, wherein I find myself in profoundly talented company…
1. “Feast Your Eyes on the Yawning Monotony of Humdrum Rot” — Clint Smith
2. “The Passing” — Joshua Rex
3. “When Sleep At Last — Douglas Thompson
4. “The Summer King’s Day” — Timothy Granville
5. “Roadkill” — Elin Olausson
6. “It Looked Like Her” — Gordon Brown
7. “Little Gods To Live In Them” — David Surface
8. “We Are The Gorillas” — Douglas Ford
9. “The Body Trick” — Alexander James
10. “Feed” — Jason A. Wyckoff
11. “’Neath The Mirror Of The Sea” — Rhonda Eikamp
12. “Clipped Wings” — Steve Toase
13. “The Cardboard Voice” — Tim Major
14. “The Validations” — Ashley Stokes
15. “A Perfect Doll” — Regina Garza Mitchell
16. “Madam and Yves” — Marc Joan
17. “The Delf” — Danny Rhodes
18. “Where the Oxen Turned the Plow” — Charles Wilkinson
19. “Feast of Fools: A Heartwarming Holiday Romance” — LC von Hessen
Nightscript, Volume VII will be released on October 1st, 2021.